Hunter's Moon

I love color. My favorites are in the blues and greens. They all grab me, turquoise, jade, teal, true navy blues, and sky blue. When I go up to my bedroom during the full moon the light that creeps around my window is icy blue, reflecting in the river and spilling onto my ceiling. It makes it hard to sleep sometimes, as I just want to lie in wonder at the sight. I've even taken to going up without turning on any lights just to experience the beauty. I love my bedroom for this. You see, my house is south facing, east to one side, west on the other. The moon rises, filling the small windows over my bed, climbs into the skies in the picture window and sets there too. Ice blue, black and reflected water patterns paint my full moon nights, unless the rising and setting don't coincide with my schedule or its raining.
It's raining tonight so there's no need to rush off to bed for the event.
I am puzzling over the events of the day. Something is off and I don't know how to put it right or even if I have to. I do wish I had the icy blue light to look forward to but the rain is good and I love a good storm even if it's not snow or lightning. My love sleeps nearby. His quiet slumber is reassuring and peaceful and the kitties line up along the bed.
I thank the Goddess for all my blessings and cuddle down, facing the window for sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts