Across time

 Across time

I called to the moon

If he is to be he needs to see 

all of me

my back pages, my light, my dark.


Disposable woman

I found myself being my best 

for me alone

life support for my kitties and dogs

thrown into my future

making my present 

live up to my past

alone

I was young then

I am told I was beautiful (stone fox)

I didn't know

You were there then

handsome and strong

you didn't know

we walked into the mist together

once there, lost to each other

you followed your path

I mine (no regrets)

You reached out, 

helped so many in need

I wandered, looking for my purpose

We found each other again

something stopped us

your lifestyle

my expectations

Who knows?

I just remembered your face

expecting an answer

or a reason

it wasn't time

I told people about you

they would go to see you

they should say hello to you from me

I prayed silent prayers that you'd remember

my name might bring a smile to your heart

then I saw you

instantly knew you

me now married, two kids

and a jealous husband

Coffee?

there you were again

but this time friendship only

the jealous husband claimed he hunted you down

threatened you

I knew this couldn't be

I sought you out

had to apologize

And there you were

your face expecting an answer

or a reason

I walked away

brooding in my broken bits

lost again to time


I saw you again

in pixels and prose

I would "like" but was never noticed

somehow you reached back

no more jealous husband

children grown

I am now silver and plump

are you here this time?

Is there nothing in our way

excepting age?

What tender gift is this?

A lifetime of experiences

spent with others

remembered together


I love you

There's no question anymore. 

This is both sane and insane



Comments

Popular Posts