It seems to me that I have much more to say when I am disgruntled or angry then I do when things are going well.  As it happens, I've been very quiet lately. Homelife is pretty fantastic while a turbulent world swirls around all of us. Oh, I'm upset but I'm feeling like words or expressing our feelings won't cut it. I'm beginning to think the time for words has passed, like that overwrought phrase; 'thoughts and prayers', empty sentiment then back to our screens as it magically gives the sense that we've done 'all we can'.
We are rolling towards an election and I wonder if it will be allowed to happen. Life seems to be going forward despite the obvious signs that 'normal' isn't normal anymore. The whole world is afraid of this threat of a coronavirus and I'm still waiting to hear that it was some nation's plot to disrupt the world economies, which it has done, and not some crazy accidental ingestion of an odd bug carried by an animal we probably shouldn't be eating anyway.  Maybe I've watched too much science fiction lately but it really does smack of biowarfare or accident of biowarfare gone bad. The whole world is thrown into a tizzy over a not-so-common deadly cold. Meanwhile, the polar caps are thawing threatening floods and loss of habitable lands for all land dwellers. The oceans team with inedible plastics that our ocean dwellers are eating and dying from while our coral reefs bleach and boil in oceans that are warming, killing all the life within.
All the while our current political ruling party turns a blind eye to science, ignoring all the information like the Wizard of Emerald City, '...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...'.
Frankly, things are pretty bleak. I don't think Dr. Who can save us this time. I think it will have to be us to actually do something like taking these administrations that put money over commonsense like in the case of the Amazon Rainforest or in our own country, fossil fuel industry, we know how damaging fracking is!
I guess that for now, we will have to do the following: wash our hands a thousand times a day, support the candidate we feel most strongly about, but in the end, support the one that best represents the collective for you (vote BLUE, no matter who!), reuse, recycle and reduce as much as possible; plant trees everywhere you can (my personal favorite) and start saving for that electric car to replace the gas model in our collective driveways, you know it's going to come to that.

Comments

Popular Posts