Holiday thankfulness, 2019

With so much to be thankful for, how could I be sad? I suppose that in order to know what you have, you have to know what is missing. In the midst of appreciating what is here for me now, I glimpse of that which has been lost. The beauty of 'what is' lies within the appreciation. It's a matter of perspective and knowing how fleeting all this is, gives me more reason to try to savor each nuance of feeling, each moment with each other, each sunrise and sunset, warm house, safe kitties and snuggly dog to cuddle, a goodnight kiss and soft embrace. The holidays do, however, serve as markers in time where we all feel those people and things lost to us, and for those bright spirits shining in my memory, I can't help but wish for just a few more stories of old or a favorite meal cooked together.
I sure hope there is a meeting of all who have gone before, after we leave this corporal state. As grand as life is, (and it is grand), it would be a cruel joke to just end....but if it does just end we wouldn't know, so I guess that's okay

Comments

Popular Posts